By David H. Eberly
Game Physics is an advent to the tips and strategies had to create bodily practical 3D picture environments. As a significant other quantity to Dave Eberly's general 3D online game Engine Design, Game Physics stocks an identical sensible method and structure. Dave comprises simulations to introduce the main difficulties concerned after which progressively finds the mathematical and actual techniques had to clear up them. He then describes all of the algorithmic foundations and makes use of code examples and dealing resource code to teach how they're applied, culminating in a wide number of actual simulations.
This publication tackles the complicated, not easy concerns that different books keep away from, together with Lagrangian dynamics, inflexible physique dynamics, impulse tools, resting touch, linear complementarity difficulties, deformable our bodies, mass-spring structures, friction, numerical answer of differential equations, numerical balance and its dating to actual balance, and Verlet integration tools. Dave even describes whilst genuine physics isn't necessary-and hacked physics will do.
*CD-ROM with vast C++ resource code that helps actual simulation. working structures and compilers which are supported: home windows 2000/XP (Visual C++ models 6, 7.0, and 7.1), Linux (g++ 3.x), Macintosh OS 10.3 (Xcode, CodeWarrior 9), SGI IRIX (Mips professional 7.x), HP-UX (aCC), and solar Solaris (g++ 3.x). The resource is appropriate with many video game engines-including the Wild Magic engine, for which the total resource code is included.
*Contains pattern functions for shader courses (OpenGL and DirectX), together with deformation by way of vertex displacement, dermis and bones for tender item animation, rippling ocean waves with real looking lights, refraction results, Fresnel reflectance, and iridescence.
*Covers precise subject matters now not came upon somewhere else, equivalent to linear complementarity difficulties and Lagrangian dynamics.
*Includes workouts for educational use and a assessment of crucial arithmetic.
By Ted Pattison; Daniel Larson
Concentration in at the internals of the home windows SharePoint companies 3.0 platform with this in-depth, effortless reference. You get professional insights, task-oriented suggestions, and broad code samples that can assist you grasp the intricacies of establishing powerful, firm content material administration purposes. detect how to:•Build program pages and placement pages•Develop and set up reusable internet components to permit customization and personalization •Exploit home windows SharePoint APIs to installation Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX components•Use XML and Collaborative program Markup Language (CAML) to create provisioning components•Design and enforce customized record libraries •Use home windows Workflow beginning to create purposes that automate company process•Create web site Definitions to mixture parts and package deal them for deployment •Implement Code entry defense, belief degrees, authentication, and authorizationPLUS-Get Microsoft visible C# and XML code samples on the internet
By Feipeng Liu
A step by step instructional with greater than 60 concise recipes on Android NDK improvement skills.
• construct, debug, and profile Android NDK apps.
• enforce a part of Android apps in local C/C++ code.
• Optimize code functionality in meeting with Android NDK.
Building Android functions may frequently suggest that you just spend your entire time operating in Java. There are in spite of the fact that occasions while this isn't the best or top technique for the appliance being outfitted. this is often the place Android NDK comes in.
Android NDK permits the developer to write down in local C/C++, supplying you with the facility to reuse code and libraries and likewise, quite often, elevate the rate and potency of your application.
The Android local improvement equipment Cookbook can assist you recognize the advance, development, and debugging of your local Android functions. we'll notice and research JNI programming and crucial NDK APIs comparable to OpenGL ES, and the local software API. we'll then discover the method of porting latest libraries and software program to NDK. through the top of this ebook it is possible for you to to construct your personal apps in NDK apps.
Android local improvement equipment Cookbook starts off with uncomplicated recipes to help you within the construction and debugging of local apps, and JNI programming. The recipes conceal quite a few themes of program improvement with Android NDK similar to OpenGL programming and Multimedia programming. we'll start with an easy recipe, hi NDK, prior to relocating directly to disguise complicated issues with recipes on OpenGL ES that concentrate on 2nd and 3D images, in addition to recipes that debate operating with NDK and exterior APIs. while you're searching for how you can make your software on hand in Android and take measures to spice up your application’s functionality, then this Cookbook is for you.
What you'll research from this book
• increase Android apps in C/C++ and not using a unmarried line of Java.
• software 2D/3D photos with either OpenGL ES 1x and 2.0 in Android NDK.
• Write multi-threaded Android apps in Android NDK.
• Port present C/C++ libraries and purposes to Android with NDK.
• improve multimedia Android apps with Android NDK.
This publication is written in a Cookbook sort, starting with recipes which concentrate on aiding builders make their software/application on hand in Android.
Who this e-book is written for
Android builders who are looking to research Android NDK programming, or strengthen multimedia and video games in Android NDK will take advantage of this booklet.
By William Rice, Susan Smith Nash
Creative how one can construct strong and powerful on-line classes * inspire scholars from all backgrounds, generations, and studying styles
* while and the way to use the various studying options with workarounds, offering replacement solutions
* Easy-to-follow, step by step directions with screenshots and examples for Moodle's robust features
* in particular compatible for collage teachers
Moodle is the world's most well liked, loose open-source studying administration method (LMS). it's titanic and has plenty to provide. increasingly more faculties, universities, and coaching services are utilizing Moodle, which has helped revolutionize e-learning with its versatile, reusable platform and elements. it really works top in the event you believe convinced that the instruments you might have handy will let you create precisely what you need.
This booklet brings jointly step by step, easy-to-follow directions and studying thought to offer you new instruments and new energy with Moodle. it's going to make it easier to hook up with your on-line scholars, and the way and the place they improve an enthusiastic, open, and trusting dating with their fellow scholars and with you, their teacher. With this e-book, you'll learn how to get the simplest from Moodle.
This e-book is helping you advance reliable, strong, dynamic classes that would final by way of to ensure that your tutorial layout is strong, and they are equipped round fulfilling studying targets and path results. With this publication, you'll have first-class help and step by step tips for placing jointly classes that comprise your number of the numerous positive aspects that Moodle deals. additionally, you will locate the way to create potent checks, and the way to create them for now and sooner or later. The ebook also will introduce you to many modules, which you could use to make your direction special and create an atmosphere the place your scholars gets greatest profit. moreover, you are going to find out how it can save you time and reuse your top rules by way of making the most of Moodle's certain features.
What you are going to examine from this book
* construct a studying outcome-focused process that allows your scholars to accomplish good* * assorted thoughts for making a dynamic studying environment
* positioned all of the rules you've desired to enforce, yet by no means may possibly, into motion to create targeted classes with reusable elements
* inspire your scholars to collaborate and exhibit what they're studying and to create initiatives together
* increase fabrics you could re-use on your destiny courses
* comprise internet 2.0 gains to inspire pupil sharing of resources
* Create on-line workshops and galleries in your scholars to make shows approximately what they've got learned
* construct e-portfolios for college kids to gather their paintings and exhibit mastery of the units
* have interaction your scholars in workforce paintings that is helping them attach direction content material with their studies and past learning
* think convinced find how one can accommodate your students' studying types and personal tastes to steer them to a profitable final result for the course
* increase high quality classes that may final and remain invaluable and appropriate to create a private stock you should use and re-use
This booklet comprises transparent counsel for all who are looking to prepare potent on-line classes that encourage scholars and inspire dynamic studying. There are transparent, step by step directions with invaluable screenshots and diagrams to lead you alongside the best way.
Who this ebook is written for
on the way to unharness your educating abilities and strengthen intriguing, dynamic classes that actually get scholars relocating ahead, then this e-book is for you. skilled Moodlers who are looking to improve to Moodle 1.9 will locate robust insights into constructing extra profitable and academic classes.
By Michael Fitzgerald
You don't need to comprehend every thing a couple of vehicle to force one, and also you don't want to know every thing approximately Ruby to begin programming with it. Written for either skilled and new programmers alike, Learning Ruby is a just-get-in-and-drive ebook -- a hands-on instructional that gives plenty of Ruby courses and allows you to understand how and why they paintings, simply enough to get you rolling down the road.
curiosity in Ruby stems from the recognition of Rails, the net improvement framework that's attracting new devotees and refugees from Java and Hypertext Preprocessor. yet there are many different makes use of for this flexible language. find out how to study is to only try out the code! You'll locate examples on approximately each web page of this booklet so you might imitate and hack. in short, this book:
* Outlines a number of the most vital good points of Ruby
* Demonstrates easy methods to use conditionals, and the way to govern strings in Ruby. features a part on general expressions
* Describes how one can use operators, simple arithmetic, features from the maths module, rational numbers, etc.
* Talks you thru Ruby arrays, and demonstrates hashes in detail
* Explains tips on how to approach documents with Ruby
* Discusses Ruby sessions and modules (mixins) intimately, together with a short creation to object-oriented programming (OOP)
* Introduces processing XML, the Tk toolkit, RubyGems, mirrored image, RDoc, embedded Ruby, metaprogramming, exception dealing with, and different topics
* Acquaints you with the various necessities of Rails, and incorporates a brief Rails tutorial.
each one bankruptcy concludes with a suite of assessment questions, and appendices give you a thesaurus of phrases relating to Ruby programming, plus reference fabric from the e-book in a single handy situation. with a purpose to take Ruby out for a force, Learning Ruby holds the keys.
By Rajiv Ramnath
The final beginner's advisor to programming within the iOS environment
The Apple App shop is a gold mine for builders, yet with extra apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod contact being extra each day, it?s necessary to have a fantastic programming origin to create the simplest apps attainable. If you're wanting to research the bits and bobs of iOS programming, this is often your ebook. It teaches object-oriented programming in the iOS framework from the floor up, getting ready you to create the following tremendous iPhone or iPad app.
Get a deal with at the iOS framework, object-oriented top practices, and the Xcode programming setting, then become aware of find out how to create easy interfaces, use libraries, create and expand gadgets, and extra. even if you're simply beginning out in programming or purely new to iOS, For Dummies is the right beginning.
• specializes in educating object-oriented programming in the iOS framework and comprises top practices for construction apps which are effortless to debug, evolve, and maintain
• makes use of uncomplicated examples to illustrate object-oriented programming output within the iPhone surroundings whereas instructing real-world programming options and applications
• presents an intensive knowing of the framework and object-oriented ideas to assist starting programmers make optimal use of iOS
• Covers operating with the Xcode atmosphere and storyboards; growing easy interfaces; utilizing libraries, features, constructions, arrays, and tips; and growing and lengthening objects
Beginning iOS Programming For Dummies is your simple advisor to getting begun with iOS programming.