By Rob Miles
Ready to benefit Kinect programming? commence Here!™
Learn the basics of programming with the Kinect™ API—and start development apps that use movement monitoring, voice acceptance, and extra. when you have event programming with C#—simply begin the following! This e-book introduces must-know techniques and strategies via easy-to-follow factors, examples, and exercises.
Here’s the place you begin studying Kinect
* construct an program to exhibit Kinect video in your notebook
* Have Kinect take images while it detects circulate
* Draw on a working laptop or computer monitor via relocating your finger within the air
* music your physique gestures and use them to manage a application
* Make a software that is familiar with your speech and talks again to you
* Play an element on your personal augmented fact video game
* Create an "air piano" utilizing Kinect with a MIDI machine
By Matthias Noback
ABOUT THE BOOK
I've written A yr With Symfony for you, a developer who will paintings with Symfony2 for greater than a month (and most likely greater than a year). you will have begun interpreting your method during the reliable documentation ("The Book"), the cookbook, a few blogs, or an internet instructional. you recognize now the right way to create a Symfony2 software, with routing, controllers, entities or files, Twig templates and perhaps a few unit checks. yet after those easy steps, a few matters will increase about...
- The reusability of your code - How if you constitution your code to make it reusable in a destiny undertaking? or perhaps within the related undertaking, yet with a unique view or in a console command?
- the standard of the interior API you will have knowingly or unknowingly created - What are you able to do to make sure that your group contributors will comprehend your code, and may use it within the manner it was once intended for use? how will you make your code versatile sufficient for use in occasions similar to the only you wrote it for?
- the extent of safeguard of your software - Symfony2 and Doctrine appear to instantly make you invulnerable for famous assaults in your internet software, like XSS, CSRF and SQL injection assaults. yet are you able to thoroughly depend on the framework? And what steps if you take to mend the various ultimate issues?
- the interior workings of Symfony2 - if you happen to take one step farther from growing simply controllers and perspectives, you'll soon want to know extra in regards to the HttpKernel that is the center of a Symfony2 program. How does it comprehend what controller could be used, and which template? and the way are you able to override any choice that's made whereas dealing with a request?
To get a greater suggestion concerning the booklet, look at the desk of contents below), or obtain a pattern of the publication above.
A published variation of this booklet is obtainable through Lulu.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthias Noback @matthiasnoback
My identify is Matthias Noback. i'm a personal home page, Symfony2, item orientated programming, test-driven improvement enthousiast, residing in Zeist with my female friend and son, who's jealous of me due to the fact that i'll examine a reveal all day.
In prior years I've labored as software program developer with a distinct realization to inner caliber insurance. Now I'm a contract developer, advisor and writer.
I frequently put up approximately the various extra complicated Symfony2-related themes on my weblog php-and-symfony.matthiasnoback.nl.
By Greg Shackles
It's real: you could construct local apps for iOS, Android, and home windows mobile with C# and the .NET Framework--with support from MonoTouch and Mono for Android. This hands-on consultant indicates you ways to reuse one codebase throughout all 3 systems by means of combining the company common sense layer of your C# app with separate, absolutely local UIs. It's an awesome marriage of platform-specific improvement and the "write as soon as, run everywhere" philosophy.
By construction a sequence of straightforward purposes, you'll event some great benefits of utilizing .NET in cellular improvement and tips on how to write whole apps that entry the original good points of today's 3 most crucial cellular platforms.
* examine the development blocks for construction functions on iOS, Android, and home windows Phone
* observe how the Mono instruments engage with iOS and Android
* Use numerous concepts and styles for maximizing non-UI code reuse
* confirm how a lot performance can pass into the shared company good judgment layer
* connect with exterior assets with .NET's wealthy networking stack
* learn and write information utilizing every one platform's filesystem and native database
* Create apps to discover the platforms' position and mapping capabilities
By Julien Lange
Build powerful and scalable iOS and Mac OS X video game applications
About This Book
• learn how to use and enforce the 23 Gang of 4 layout styles utilizing fast 2
• layout and architect your code for rapid program development
• comprehend the function, usual UML layout, and individuals within the type diagram of the development by way of enforcing them in a step by step approach
Who This e-book Is For
This publication is meant for efficient speedy builders who are looking to practice enduring layout styles with rapid to constitution and scale their program code.
What you'll Learn
• pick out the suitable trend reckoning on the matter to be solved
• comprehend the typical type diagram of every of the 23 GoF styles and the way every one item participates within the pattern
• Use quick to enforce those styles although the language doesn't supply the entire object-oriented programming innovations reminiscent of summary category, interface, and so on
• Architect your software program to prevent the overuse of reminiscence, time spent on calculations, or excessive community traffic
• locate easy methods to arrange your code to make it safer from the skin world
• arrange your code to make it extra versatile whilst the patron alterations or the third-party part hidden code changes
• constitution your code to alter the set of rules to use at runtime
• bring Flyweight accountability on your objects
Swift is a multi-paradigm language. It has expressive gains regularly occurring to these used to paintings with smooth practical languages, whereas additionally maintaining the object-oriented positive aspects of Objective-C. It is still appropriate with Apple's legacy codes and frameworks. A layout development systematically names, motivates, and explains a common layout that addresses a ordinary layout challenge in object-oriented platforms. It describes the matter, the answer, while to use the answer, and its outcomes. It additionally offers implementation tricks and examples. wisdom approximately layout styles can also be the best way to make you assorted in comparison to different low-level developers.
This e-book indicates you ways to exploit quick 2 to benefit approximately 23 Gang of 4 (GoF) layout styles, and is prepared into 3 different types. The booklet will current you the 5 creational styles, via the seven structural styles, and completing with the eleven behavioral styles as outlined through the GoF. each one bankruptcy will introduce the development through defining its position, which universal difficulties the trend may be used for, its typical UML illustration, how each one items provided within the category diagram perform the development, and what the function of every of those items is. The booklet then provides you with a concrete case for example that may be used to enforce the trend utilizing Swift.
Style and approach
A step by step instructional accomplished with screenshots and code highlights anyplace helpful. each one bankruptcy discusses a number of styles with its definitions and a simple-to-follow representation case utilizing a playground or XCText venture to enforce it with quick.
By Alexander Dymo
This is often the 1st publication ever that consolidates the entire Ruby functionality optimization suggestion in a single position. It’s your complete consultant to reminiscence optimization, CPU optimization, rubbish collector tuning, profiling, measurements, functionality checking out, and more.
You’ll pass from functionality rookie to professional. First, you’ll examine the simplest practices for writing Ruby code that’s effortless not just at the CPU, but in addition on reminiscence, and that doesn’t set off the feared rubbish collector. You’ll discover that rubbish assortment bills for eighty% of slowdowns, and infrequently takes greater than 50% of your program’s execution time. And you’ll observe the bottlenecks in Rails code and find out how selective characteristic loading and preloading can mitigate the functionality bills of ActiveRecord.
As you enhance to Ruby functionality professional, you’ll how to profile your code, the way to make experience out of profiler studies, and the way to make optimization judgements in accordance with them. You’ll make certain gradual code doesn’t creep again into your Ruby software by way of writing functionality checks, and you’ll study the way to benchmark Ruby.
And eventually, you’ll dive into the Ruby interpreter internals to actually comprehend why rubbish assortment makes Ruby so gradual, and the way you could music it up.
By Online Training Solutions Inc.
Adventure studying made easy—and speedy train your self the best way to create your individual sites utilizing FrontPage® model 2002. With step-by-step, you could take simply the teachings you would like or paintings from disguise to hide. both method, you force the instruction—building and training the talents you would like, simply in case you want them! grasp the instruments for growing and coping with a professional-looking website structure and manage web content and upload links Use preprogrammed net parts so as to add intriguing performance for your site upload database seek functions and person enter types tune and research web site site visitors Create an internet site to regulate workforce initiatives and collaborate organize for the Microsoft place of work consumer professional (MOUS) examination This publication is authorized courseware for the Microsoft place of work professional software. visit: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/officespecialist/default.mspx
By K. N. King
The first version of C Programming: a contemporary Approach was once renowned with scholars and school alike as a result of its readability and comprehensiveness in addition to its trademark Q&A sections. Professor King's spiral process made it obtainable to a huge variety of readers, from novices to extra complex scholars. With adoptions at over 225 faculties, the 1st variation was once one of many best C textbooks of the final ten years. the second one variation continues all of the book's well known positive aspects and brings it as much as date with insurance of the C99 usual. the recent variation additionally provides a major variety of workouts and longer programming initiatives, and comprises large revisions and updates. .
By Sean Owen, Sandy Ryza, Uri Laserson, Josh Wills
During this functional booklet, 4 Cloudera info scientists current a collection of self-contained styles for acting large-scale info research with Spark. The authors carry Spark, statistical equipment, and real-world info units jointly to coach you ways to method analytics difficulties through example.
You'll begin with an advent to Spark and its atmosphere, after which dive into styles that observe universal techniques—classification, collaborative filtering, and anomaly detection between others—to fields akin to genomics, safety, and finance. in case you have an entry-level realizing of laptop studying and records, and also you software in Java, Python, or Scala, you'll locate those styles beneficial for engaged on your individual info applications.
- Recommending track and the Audioscrobbler facts set
- Predicting woodland disguise with choice trees
- Anomaly detection in community site visitors with K-means clustering
- realizing Wikipedia with Latent Semantic Analysis
- interpreting co-occurrence networks with GraphX
- Geospatial and temporal information research at the ny urban Taxi journeys data
- Estimating monetary threat via Monte Carlo simulation
- examining genomics facts and the BDG project
- examining neuroimaging information with PySpark and Thunder
By Steven F. Daniel
Each one bankruptcy will take you thru a brand new significant characteristic of iOS five. you'll easy methods to combine every one function into your purposes. for those who ever desired to know about the newest positive aspects of iOS five and tips on how to include Twitter, iCloud and center photo framework results performance into your purposes, then this ebook is for you. you'll have an excellent wisdom of programming adventure with Objective-C, and feature used Xcode four. iPhone programming event isn't required.
By Roland Ducournau, Etienne Gagnon, Chandra Krintz, Philippe Mulet, Jan Vitek (auth.), Mario Südholt, Charles Consel (eds.)
This 12 months, for the 10th time, the eu convention on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP) sequence, in cooperation with Springer, is blissful to o?er the object-oriented examine neighborhood the ECOOP Workshop Reader, a c- pendium of workshop stories referring to the ECOOP 2006 convention, held in Nantes in the course of July 3–7, 2006. ECOOP 2006 hosted 19 top quality learn workshops masking a wide spectrum of scorching examine themes. those workshops have been selected via a decent peer assessment method following a speci?c demand proposals. we're very thankful to the participants of the Workshop choice Committee for his or her cautious experiences and difficult paintings in placing jointly the superb workshop software. We additionally are looking to thank all submitters, accredited or now not, to whom the workshop application both owes its caliber. this feature approach used to be then through a range of workshopparticipants, performed by way of each one staff of organizersbased on an open demand papers. This player choice approach ensured that we gatheredthe so much energetic researchers in every one workshop examine region, and accordingly had fruitful operating conferences. Following the culture of the ECOOP Workshop Reader, we strove for hello- caliber workshop experiences that supplied added-value in comparison with an easy precis of shows held on the workshops. We think that the result's a thought-provoking image of the present examine in item orientation, jam-packed with guidelines for additional exploration of the lined themes. we wish to thank our workshop organizers who, regardless of the extra burden, did a good activity in placing jointly those reports.